The 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost (ACOP2017) will take place on 2-6 July, in Sapporo, Japan. The conference is hosted by International Permafrost Association (IPA) and covers all aspects of frozen ground -- both permafrost
and seasonal frost --, and its related natural and technological topics. The proposed sessions are as listed below.
1. Periglacial Geomorphology
2. Ground ice dynamics
3. Mountain permafrost and geohazards
4. Permafrost eco-hydrology
5. Permafrost mapping and techniques
6. Climate change and the carbon balance in permafrost
7. Frozen ground physics
8. Frozen ground engineering
9. Asian frozen ground
11. Extrazonal permafrost and seasonal frost
12. Living and working on frozen ground: cultural and historical significance of permafrost
13. Outreach/education, history
Also we will offer options of pre- and post-conference field excursions as follows (dependant on the numbers of participants).
1. Daisetsu Mountains, Japan
2. Artificially frozen ground sites, Tokyo and Fukushima-daiichi nuclear power plant
4. Kamchatka Peninsula
5. Northeast China
6. Mt Fuji, Japan
For more details, please visit our website at http://acop2017.arc.hokudai.ac.jp/.
Registration and abstract submission are already open until the end of December 2016. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to see you in Sapporo in summer 2017!